Thursday, August 04, 2005

'Lil Haiku

At the beginning of May I wrote a post. My computer froze when I was finished writing the post and before it was published. I was a little annoyed, and didn't re-write it, and didn't post at all until a couple of weeks ago. Here is the gist of that post.


The first weekend of every month in Columbus, a little art exhibition called "Gallery Hop." It's fun. My friends and I usually go about once a year. We have dinner and then go "hoppin.'"

I met a man the first weekend of May. His name is Ryan. Nice guy. He's a friend of a friend.
The group went to a fun little Japanese restaurant called Haiku. Nice food, nice ambiance. They give you little slips of paper and pencils in order to write your own poems while your waiting for your order.

I ended up sitting next to Ryan. He's fun. He's sarcastic, and intelligent, we were really able to talk and flirt like crazy!
Within 15 minutes of sitting next to him, he wrote me this poem:
Erika is all about her!
Why is she so bossy?
She does not like us down here.
Erika is so fun and pretty
And she lets us know when we are wrong!
I thought it funny that he had me down so quick.
Anyway, the reason that I am posting about it now, is because he was at lunch yesterday. It was the first time since I had seen him since that weekend in May, and we hit it right off again.
We had good conversation all through lunch. Then later that evening I went out to his house and we hung out and watched a little TV. It was fun.
I really like meeting people who are witty and able to banter with me. I miss it.
I am hoping that 3 months don't go by before I get to see him again.

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Paul said...

So you gave him your number, email address, etc, right? Did he ask for any of that information?

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger lexerdax said...

Stupid Blogger! I tried to leave a comment earlier and it did not work.

Yay! This boy Ryan (nice name, by the way!) sounds fun and intriguing. Just like you! Keep us posted on developments, you hear?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm with Paul. Did you exchange info? anything? let him know you were interested?

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are we gonna hang out again??
-scottie

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger lexerdax said...

Where ARE you? It's been a month since you posted. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home