Monday, November 22, 2004

No One Died

Day One - Thursday, 11 November 2004 - My dad, brothers, and I leave bright and early at 7am. I am shoved into the back, not allowed to take the first two driving shifts because I worked until 3:30 the night before. My father drives, my youngest brother, Brandon, drives, then I drive, then my dad drives again. We spend the night in Savannah.

Day Two - Friday, 12 November 2004 - We leave Savannah at the crack of dawn and drive to Orlando. We hadn't needed to leave Savannah as early as we did, and so waste time for an hour before my mother's plane arrives at the airport. We pick Mum up from the airport, do some shopping (can I tell you how weird it is to see a Salvation Army bell-ringer ringing the Christmas "Give-Us-Money" bell when it's 80 degrees), and head to the time-share. Have a small argument with middle brother, Richard, about bed situation. I, of course, get my way, and everyone is happy.

Day Three - Saturday, 13 November 2004 - We sleep in. 'Tis wonderful. My parents and brothers decided to go to the ocean over by the Gulf of Mexico. I don't like sand, and therefore, don't like beaches, and DEFINITELY need some away time from family type people, and so stay at the time-share.

Day Four - Sunday, 14 November 2004 - Go to a Church of God church in Orlando. They are rebuilding due to their hurricane "friends," but normally have a four thousand seat auditorium. They are a "Performing Arts" Church. Was kind of cool...Until the Pastor started speaking, and her theology was all wrong. We leave.

Day Five - Monday, 15 November 2004 - Magic Kingdom Day. Magic Kingdom is nice. We had fun. There is a little boat ride one can take through the "jungle." Hilarious ride. They have some of the best puns ever in their script for their tour guide people. The middle of the day parade was cool too. I was sitting up near the front, and these two little girls came along and sat beside me. They were from England, and so had great British accents. It was fun to listen to them jabber on about Cinderella, Goofy, and Mickey. Their names were Minnie and Elsa. I don't think the parade would have been quite as fun if they had not been there.

Day Six - Tuesday, 16 November 2004 - (At work today Elf, and Chronicles of Riddick both came out on dvd...glad I wasn't there!) Epcot Day. Epcot was so much more relaxed then Magic Kingdom. It was nice. No one was pushing, everyone was taking their time. It was enjoyable. Walked around the world, watched some cute sidewalk shows, nice day.

Day Seven - Wednesday, 17 November 2004 - Took the day off from parks. Lazed around the time-share. Went swimming, took naps, watched some movies. That evening went to a dinner-theater, kind of like Medieval Times. It was called Arabian Nights. It was cool. Lot of horse tricks, and good-looking men showing off their chests :).

Day Eight - Thursday, 18 November 2004 - MGM day. This was an okay park. The BEST part was their Fantasmic show at night. If you have never been, it is an absolute must see. I was entranced the whole way through. Amazing.

Day Nine - Friday, 19 November 2004 - Head back home. Mum gets on her airplane, Da, Richard, and Brandon, and I drive to just south of Charlotte. Stay the night.

Day Ten - Saturday, 20 November 2004 - I drive from Charlotte to home. We leave at 8am get home around 4pm. Not a bad day. Oh! It's my youngest brother, Brandon's eighteenth birthday...Everyone say Happy Birthday!!!! And Michigan played Ohio State...Ohio State won.

That's my vacay in a nutshell. I didn't kill anyone, aren't you all impressed?

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger *sara* said...

yay! I'm glad your home! I love disney and are totally jealous of your time with my mouse. Sigh. I love you. Happy Turkey day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home