Friday, September 17, 2004

Starlight, Starbright

So, I wished on a star the other night, and since I am pretty sure it is not going to come true - or "is" going to come true (I can't figure out which I would use here) - so I have no qualms in telling you what I wished for.

I wished that not another year would go by.

It will be fine years in October since I've had even a date! How sad and pathetic am I?
I've grown used to my singledom, and I can live with it. But sometimes I'm lonely. I live vicariously through my friends - and let me tell you some of them have so much drama (not the good kind) going on in their lives that you would think that some of it might rub off on me...but it doesn't.
I would so much like some drama in my so undramatic life.

Part of the reason I know I am single is my own fault...alright scratch that - it's all my fault.
My parents like to tease me and say they should never have taught me to read - because I always read fairy tales and books with "happy-ever-after" endings. From this my parents think that I expect the perfect man to sweep me off my feet and we'll live a perfect life. But I've lived my life long enough to know that life is very definitely not perfect, and everyone disappoints you at least once.
But I am too picky. I know what I want and I don't have it in me to settle for anything less that what I think is the best for me. Maybe my expectations are too high, but really I don't think so. I have been attracted to imperfect men in my life. The thing is, they are not attracted to me.
I have found that men my age do not find me attractive. I'm not "dateable." Men don't hit on me (check out www.finelines.blogspot.com - a post about a week ago), and they don't date me.

Sometimes I think that maybe I should do this or what if I do that in order to gain attention, but then I realize - Hey! I'm cute, I'm educated, I have a sense of humor, I'm a Christian...I am practically the perfect girl (okay that last part I don't actually think...just thought I would throw it in). I don't need to change who I am.

So I continue to be patient, hopeful, and wishful. Waiting for the right man at the right time. Knowing that I may never find the man who I can love, cherish, and respect, and who will love, admire, and respect me just the way that I am. But that's okay too, because Jesus loves me, my family loves me, and my friends love me, and that's all I really need.

Right?

4 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I happen to know a girl who is a devout Christian, who refuses to talk to any man who is not also a Christian. She doesn't date and won't date. For 3 years, she hasn't had anything to do with men. Consequently, when a really hot guy, non-christian, showed interest, she fell for it and got hurt really, really bad.

I'm not saying this could or would happen to you, though.

And are you sure you never get hit on? I mean, I'm starting to find out that I DO get hit on, a lot more than I think, I just don't notice it. Mixed signals and all.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Actually, you HAVE been hit on! What about the guy who comes to your work whenever you wear contacts? Doesn't he count?

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger *sara* said...

I think Paul is hitting on you :) I think you are smart and wonderful and beautiful, and well..if i was a guy, I would totally date you.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger totogirl said...

i agree with sara...besides there is nothing wrong with happy endings (if it does not end happy then it is not over).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home